Tuesday, May 10, 2016

King Solomon, The Bridge of Madness in the USA


 


Madness, Madness, Madness………….
These are the final words uttered in the movie, The Bridge Over the River Kwai. I recently watched again this 1957 Film which won seven academy awards.

Listening to the news today, I cannot help to compare the present madness going on now in the United States v North Carolina.
This issue will wind up in the US Supreme Court Docket in the future. What words will the Supreme Court Docket use to classify the issues being contested by two USA Government Bodies, Federal v State?
The only one I could think of would be USA Potty Rights v North Carolina.
King Solomon
Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind. (Ecclesiastes 1:17)
; to know madness and folly: that he (King Solomon) might better know wisdom, and learn the difference between the one and the other, since opposites illustrate each other; and that he might shun madness and folly, and the ways thereof, and expose the actions of mad and foolish men (Excerpt Gils)
In My Opinion
In the USA, we are not only chasing the wind on both political and court issues, we are presently stirring up a very destructive tornado of madness and folly in our nation.
I recommend you watch this movie and you may agree what happened to the bridge will be a good comparison to expose the actions of seemingly mad and foolish  political and courtroom leaders in the USA .
If You Are Interested
In a previous post, I quoted Supreme Court Justice Kennedy statement which is proving wrong. HERE

I wonder if sometime in the future he will ask himself the same question Alec Guinness asked himself at the end of the movie that led up to the above last words uttered by the spectator watching what transpired.and happened at the end of the movie. 
Regards and goodwill blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment