Saturday, January 16, 2016

King Solomon, Are Americans Fair to Muslims…or, (Post Two)



are Muslims fair to Americans? Is Islam a religion of peace? 
In my previous post, I stated I would explain more about the above questions. Frankly, I would never have considered the word fair as being relevant to a question about religious beliefs. However, the reason I am is because when I asked a Muslim blogger a question about Islam, she replied that my question was not fair. Because she brought up the issue of fairness, it dawned on me the main questions Americans should consider about Islam, is fairness.

Why? Because of the First Amendment of the Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion. However, if you check into what the Government definition of what is a religion, you will find out there is no clear concise definition of religion other than rules of the IRS, and even those rules are controversial.
If you check into the previous Supreme Court interpretations, you will find out that the court will not even consider trying to interpret any religious writings. In other words, we have an amendment that prohibits anyone from contesting a religion to determine if the religion is what Pat Robinson believes about Islam, that it is a political system masquerading as a religion.  I also wonder, if the fuzziness of the government definition is unfair or foolish? Unfair to someone who has a personal religious belief that does not meet the IRS rules. Or foolish in having a law that is undefinable as to whether Islam what Pat Robertson stated?
Fair
The subject of fair came about when I asked question to a blogger who I considered to be sincere based on her website, Islamawich.wordpress.com. She explains that she was a Christian and converted to Muslim. My reason to choose her is because of what I read about her in her post. I surmise from what I read that fairness may have been an underlying motive in her decision to change religions. Her post was published in the Wall Street Journal with this title.
The terrifying reality of converting to Islam in America right after 9/11HERE
My Question
 “l believe you have a good heart, What I cannot understand about Islam is the lack of agreement among the different sects. Appears to me the Imams have various interpretations and no one person to make a final decision which interpretation is correct. How can an average American understand who are the good guys from the bad guys?”
“Can you really blame an American for being suspicious or wary?”
Regards and goodwill blogging.
Her Reply
“Thank you for the regards. But I don’t think your perspective on Islam is entirely fair. All faiths have sects and religious leaders with different opinions of interpretation. And indeed every faith has it’s sect that espouses dangerous interpretations. Distrust of all people of faith should not stem out of this. The vast majority of people want peace in all faith traditions. This is the rule not the exception.”
My Intended Reply
I wanted to reply and comment that yes, I basically agreed with her statements about different interpretation by various religions and that I would prefer to trust Islam. However, other religions are not engaged in jihad and killing anyone that disagrees with Islam including other Islam religious sects.
I could not because her post comments were closed.
My reason for asking her the question about final authority is perhaps because I am Roman Catholic and used to having a Pope as a final authority to answer various religious dogma interpretations. Also, having been in business, I am used to dealing with people and business problems of communication. When problems occurred, I would work up the chain of command until I reached the President of a Company to make a final decision to resolve an issue of conflict.
Yes, as I said in my previous post, I am not an authority on religious issues, but I am a concerned American.
Since she first brought up the question of fairness, I now want to know whether Americans are fair to Muslims, or are Muslims fair to Americans? And, is Islam really a religion of peace?
President Obama                                                                       
Someone made a well-known statement that “all is fair in love and war.”.
I do not agree with what President Obama states about Americans engagement with terrorists as not being at war with them, whoever or where ever they are on the globe. Rather he seems to believe we are in some kind of a conflict with some (unnamed) criminal terrorists.
Also, I disagree with his statement that Americans should not fear bringing in, or pausing to bring in, Syrian war refugees into the USA because…….”that is not who we are.”
I personally prefer President Obama would be more prudent about knowing…… who they arerather than stating who we were… after we are either dead or crippled victims of terrorists.
King Solomon
A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. (Proverb 22:3)
In My Next Post
I will explore an example of why, in my opinion we should forget the past when we access the question of fairness in relation to Islam being a religion of peace.
Regards and goodwill blogging.
Previous Post Links
Post One HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment