Monday, January 18, 2016

King Solomon, Are Americans Fair to Muslims…or,(Post Three)

 


are Muslims fair to Americans? Is Islam a religion of peace?
In my previous post I stated I will explore an example of why, in my opinion we should forget the past when we access the question of fairness in a discussion of religion. The purpose of this post is to not bring up anything in the past about religion in order to focus only on the present in relation to the questions I have asked in this post title.
My reason is that when we bring up the past, too often anger arises about past human failings instead of focusing on the subject matter. Anyone man who ever engaged in an argument with his wife or girlfriend knows what I am referring to about bringing up past human failings in the middle of a discussion about a problem they may disagree or have different opinions.
King Solomon recognized this. I will provide you two examples of how and why two world leaders, both reaching out on the subject of Islam brought up the past and instead created anger instead of peace.
King Solomon
The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
    and patience is better than pride.
 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
    for anger resides in the lap of fools.
 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
    For it is not wise to ask such questions. (Ecclesiastes 7:8-10) 
I interpret these verses to be advice to remain focused on the positive end outcome when discussing a matter of opinion about a controversial subject. It may require a lot of patience especially when you discuss a volcanic personal subject of religion.
The Two Examples Why it is not Wise to Bring Up the Past  
Read these two outcomes of what happened when these two world leaders brought up the past about Christianity or Islam in relation to King Solomon’s advice. You decide if the comments made about the past contributed to promote interfaith harmony.
Pope Benedict XVI HERE
President Obama HERE
In My Next Post
I will explore positive examples of both religions, and the reason I surmise Islamwich may have decided to change from a Christian to a Muslim Islamic religious faith.
Regards and goodwill blogging.
Previous Post Links
Post One HERE
Post Two HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment