Thursday, February 13, 2014

King Solomon’s Dream Interpreter

 

There are many recorded instances in the Bible and history of dream interpreters and the belief that Gods send messages to us in the form of dreams. Whether or not you believe this is a matter of faith. In the following novel excerpt, I surmised how King Solomon explained to the Queen of Sheba how his dream was interpreted shortly after he prayed this request to Yahweh. “Give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong.” The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of proverbs and ancient wise sayings in relation to our modern times.
Excerpt
The next morning’s sky appeared to be a beautiful day in the making I thought as I walked to meet with Bilqis. I noticed the gardens I passed had more blooms and the air smelled fresher. Bilqis smiled warmly as she greeted me at our morning meeting. She even appeared more  beautiful as well. I eagerly looked forward to hearing her thoughts this day. She soon asked her first question.
“Solomon, how and why did you come about to meet Kheti, your dream interpreter?”
“The Prophet Nathan recommended him to me to decipher my dream. If you will recall my story, I journeyed to Mount Gibeon to pray and sacrifice to Yahweh for guidance shortly after being anointed King.”
“One night as I slept on the mountain top, I had a dream that I entered a Temple. Above the entrance, I saw a large bright six-pointed star. Inside the Temple, the Arc of the Covenant lay open on an altar alongside my throne chair. I looked inside the Arc and saw a scroll with my name written across the top. I took out the scroll and sat down to read it. As I unrolled it, gold, silver, and diamonds fell out upon my lap and I began hearing strange sounding beautiful music. I cannot describe this music other than to say that by hearing the sounds, a wonderful feeling of peacefulness and serenity came upon me.”
“Kheti interpreted the symbols of my dream as this. The six-pointed star was a symbol of the spirit of Yahweh, the scroll with my name, his message of reply to my prayers. The gold, silver, and diamonds were symbols that he was pleased with me and would reward my reign with a large family and prosperity. The throne and peaceful music was a symbol that peace would prevail in my Kingdom during my reign. The Temple and Arc are symbols of his approval for me to build to fulfill the covenant of Yahweh and David.”
“How do you know for certain that his interpretation was correct?” Bilqis asked.
“I had this dream seventeen years ago and up to now, it appears that Kheti interpreted my dream correctly. Yahweh has indeed blessed me with a large family, peace during my reign, prosperity, and if you look out the window, you now see the Temple.”
“Yahweh has also allowed my words to soar above me to advance the achievements of my reign. It appears even a small man like me may grow great with his words if he is beloved by his Gods. There is a Babylonian Assyrian instruction that addresses this issue. If a man be small and grows great, his words soar above him. For the opening of his mouth is an utterance of gods, and if he be beloved by gods, they will put something good in his mouth to say. (Ahikar)
Source:
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka
Now available as an eBook at all sellers.   View at link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment