Monday, December 19, 2016

King Solomon, Worthwhile Praises (Revisited)




  
When someone praises you......



..
In these novel excerpts, based on King Solomon's Proverbs, I surmised how Solomon may have replied when the Queen of Sheba asked him what his personal thoughts were s when he heard his subjects call out his name in praise of his leadership accomplishments.

The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of the wisdom of Proverbs and ancient wise sayings.

Excerpts 
“Bilqis, you asked when I first recognized being accepted by my people as their leader. Listen to the sounds of your people. Concern yourself with righteousness and justice as you rule and you will hear sounds of joy instead of groans from the voices of your subjects.” When righteous men come to power, people rejoice, but when a wicked man rules, they groan. (Proverb 29:2)
I left the courtyard and went to my private chamber to contemplate what had just taken place. I could still hear the crowd joyfully chanting my name. This was the first time I ever heard my name called out in praise. It is better to hear a stranger praise you to earn your reputation of respect and honor. A wise person’s strength is silent of self-praise and a loud man who praises himself lets others know his flaws and cheapens himself. Let a stranger praise you and not your own mouth, a foreigner and not your own lips. (Proverb 27:2
Source: Chapter Seven
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka
Now available as an eBook at most sellers.   View at link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment