Tuesday, May 20, 2014

King Solomon’s Rainy Day Thought


 



Ever wonder what King Solomon thought about on a rainy day in his palace with his purported seven hundred beautiful wives and three hundred concubines meandering around him?  Compare your thoughts to what King Solomon revealed. You may be surprised.
King Solomon was a prolific writer of proverbs and songs and all writers inadvertently reveal something personal about themselves in their writings. Having so many wives, surrounded by so many women, and being so wise, he surely must have acquired extraordinary personal insight about women.  Was his knowledge on par with women, about other women?

In a novel excerpts I surmised what he may have shared, based on his proverb, to the Queen of Sheba about his knowledge of women. The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of proverbs and ancient wise sayings in relation to our modern times.
Excerpt
“Bilqis, before I solve your riddle, I must state a clarification. Regardless of the number of wives he may have, a husband will never be on par with women in knowledge about other women. However, there is one exception; I wrote a proverb to describe and compare this circumstance.
“Your proverb interests me. Please tell me this circumstance that causes so great a wise man with hundreds of wives to experience.”
“An unrelenting drip on a day of downpour is on a par with a nagging wife.” (Proverb 27:15)
 PS  For readers now thinking to themselves that I have just revealed by writing this post that I get nagged, you are right. In my case, it is deservingly so because I sometimes get too engrossed in writing and blogging. If you are a writer and blogger, I surmise you too may from time to time get nagged by your spouse for doing the same.
Regards and good will blogging.
Source:
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka.
Available as an eBook at most sellers.  Read an excerpt by clicking below.

No comments:

Post a Comment