Tuesday, October 15, 2019

King Solomon, The Saddest Three Words that will…

lead to failure to compromise?

The Chicago Tribune article in a column titled, What Others are Saying, reported an opinion about political elitists “who think they are better than you.”
In a previous post with a blogger who I surmise to be a gay atheist, I began by thanking him for expressing his opinions in a series of comments and ended with the only compromise possible under the circumstances
The Purpose of This Post
Is to discern the three words stated to me that in my opinion, are the saddest words you will ever hear.
King Solomon
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: (Proverb 1:5)
Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. (Proverb 18:2)
What’s is Not My Point?
To not judge any gay or atheist for their personal choices in life or beliefs or opinions about school vouchers, or to offer any elitist advice.
What is My Point?
To discern the sad effects how the three words when expressed to another lead to the eventual failure to understand different opinions to affect a wise compromise and master divisive issues.
My point being that the only way we will ever compromise to solve any issue is to do the opposite of these three words.
In My Opinion
What the world needs now in addition to love is wisdom. When we hear these three words, we are in effect allowing ourselves to become the masters of our own disasters.
What Are the Three Words?
“I don’t care.”
How Did our Comments End?
I stated I will pray, and perhaps even light a candle in Church for him.
If Interested
Read the article and a previous blog including the comments in the Source Links below.
You Decide
Can there ever be compromise between opposing views if one or the other does not care to listen or try to understand the different opinions of another and compromise?
Will praying for love and wisdom to help us to find a mutual agreed compromise to resolve differences of opinions?
Will not caring about each other’s personal, political, religious, and/or cultural differences of opinions ever lead to compromise?
If you are a Deist, do you believe King Solomon make a wise of foolish caring observation to help counsel us mere mortals when he wrote this following verse?
This only have I found: God created mankind upright, but they have gone in search of many schemes. (Ecclesiastes 7:29)
If you are gay or an atheist, I personally do care about you and your opinions that are different from mine. When I offer to pray for you, I am at the same time praying for wisdom and love to help me understand how to find a kind way to compromise to avoid hatred and anger during our short time period together on our planet.  
Frankly though, it my opinion, if we all shared and practiced the same Christian values and beliefs in the Bible of love, wisdom and caring about each other, our world would be a better place.
However, someone once said to me that only the first hundred years in life are going to be the hardest. Having up to this time experienced eighty of those first one hundred years and based on what I read and hear on the news, his saying was wise.
Regards and goodwill blogging.
Source Links
Chicago Tribune
What others are Saying by Joel Stein, Washington Post
Previous Post and Comments.
King Solomon, Choice of Witchdoctor, Atheism, or Christianity look …

No comments:

Post a Comment