Saturday, February 10, 2018

King Solomon’s Bickering Wives (u/d)


 



What would you do if you had 700 jealous wives bicker among themselves and then  complain to you about each other? 



King Solomon was purported to have 700 wives and 300 concubines. He surely needed great skills of diplomacy, empathy, sensitivity and wisdom when they may have complained their concerns to him about each other. 

I surmised based on his proverbs how he may have reacted and his personal thoughts in one instance in the following novel Excerpt. The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of proverbs and ancient wise sayings in relation to our modern times.  
Excerpt
Naamah, an Ammonite, is my first wife and daughter of a powerful friendly leader. My father arranged our marriage after conquering the lands of Ammon and Syria. We married before David chose me as his successor.
Namath’s spirit was happy and joyful until I later married the Pharaoh’s daughter.  She was still heavy after childbirth and jealous of the comely figure of Siamuna. I loved Naamah and worried about her health and vitality. It is better for the spirit to be happy instead of sad. Happiness strengthens our bodies while sadness wears our body down. Inner happiness makes for good health, but a broken spirit takes the sap from the bones. (Proverb 17:22)
“And you must speak to Siamuna about the terrible smell of the candles and incense she always seems to be burning.” Naamah declared.
I went to her and looked upon my son. “You have given me a son and have exceedingly pleased me. Do not concern yourself with the gathering. I need you to care for our son. All is well and you are as beautiful a mother as there could ever be. I will talk with Siamuna about the candles and incense. Go now for I have much to do to prepare for this evening.”
Pleasing words would calm Naamah when she became distraught. Just as honey is pleasant to the taste, gracious words are medicines to the body. Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the palate and tonic for the body. (Proverb 16:24)
Source:
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka
Now available as an eBook at  most sellers.   View at link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment