Monday, August 4, 2014

King Solomon Reveals His Secret Tools (ud)


What are the secret tools King Solomon used to help him acquire wisdom?
 In a novel excerpt, he reveals these tools to the Queen of Sheba. The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of proverbs and ancient wise sayings in relation to our modern times.

Excerpt

“Someday you must tell me your secret how you are able to decipher my riddles so quickly Solomon.” Bilqis stated casually, yet, with a searching tone of voice.
“I will tell you now if you allow me.”
“So you do have a secret.” Bilqis commented in a discovery tone of voice.
“It is not really a secret; it is an attribute of learning wisdom. Your God has given you eyes and ears to grant you access to knowledge and wisdom by hearing, seeing and reading. A wise man makes use of all three of these gifts for powers of discernment.”
“I have used my eyes and ears to read profusely and listen about many subjects to gain knowledge of our world. I seek to understand the sources of plants, animals, rocks as well of thoughts and beliefs of all peoples in search of truth. After I heard your riddle, I used my eyes to search for clues from your facial expressions and body mannerisms when I sounded out my thoughts.”
“Bilqis, I have noticed from our conversations that you have a habit of raising an eyebrow when I say something that interests you to become more attentive. You must learn to hide all emotion in your facial expressions so as not to give away your thoughts when you are negotiating or acting in your role as Queen over your subjects.”
“A shrewd person will use their eyes and ears to observe personal mannerisms to his or her advantage. A wise man understands the powers of his eyes and ears that his God has bestowed him to help aid his powers of discernment.” An attentive ear and an observant eye, Yahweh is the maker of them both. (Proverb 20:12)
Source:
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka
Available at most sellers.  View at link below.
Additional Reference
Why Did Jesus Speak in Parables HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment