Thursday, April 14, 2016

King Solomon, A Wise Love Song, (Repost)


 Or a foolish love song? You decide.

I wrote two previous posts about love songs sung in the 60’s with questions posed by singers lamenting about fools and love. I surmised in the posts how King Solomon might have answered the questions posed by the singers.

I decided to check out today’s songs and do the same. The reason is, in order to try to relate ancient wisdom to modern times, I need to keep current or the younger generation might consider me to be an old guy out of touch, right? So I decided to check out what was the top song today and do the same.
What was listed then was a song titled Can’t Feel My Face.
I then read the lyrics and frankly did not understand what the singer was singing about. I was about to give up when I finally read some comments that explained what the song is all about.
The song is about a person comparing the feeling he experiences when he thinks about a girl he is enamored with. He compares the intense feeling of love to the feeling drugs give him when he zones out to a point when he longer feels his face.
King Solomon
The only  King Solomon proverbs I found to compare these lyrics was when he experimented trying to understand this similar experience he described in his proverbs.
Your eyes see strange things, you think up absurdities to say.
You are like a man going to bed on the high seas, like the one who lies down on the top of the tackle.
They beat me and I felt no pain, they struck me but I was not aware of it, When shall I fully wake up? I shall go in search of another drink. (Proverbs 23: 33-35)
The only difference is King Solomon was referring to the effects of drinking too much wine rather than drugs. I assume the numbing effects of either wine or drugs are perhaps similar. However, the recidivism of an alcoholic is less than a heroin addict. I was advised by a doctor that only ten percent of heroin addicts are ever cured from heroin addictions.
Are Addicts Brainless and Hopeless Fools? 
I surmised King Solomon, based on his proverbs,  would regard addicts to be fools unable to understand or even “buy” wisdom unless they free themselves from their addictions.
Why then does a fool have a fee in his hand? To buy wisdom when he has no brains. (Proverb 17:16).
 As a dog returns to his vomit, so does a fool return to his folly. (Proverb 27:11)
King Solomon’s Timeless Advice for Parents
I surmise King Solomon might caution parents raising young impressionable children to find out what songs they are listening to on the modern technology gadgets they gifted them. Their children  may be becoming brainwashed by the songs they are listening to and wind up walking on a crooked path in life..
Train up a youth in the way he might go, and to the end of his life he will not deviate from it. (Proverb 22:6)
In MY Opinion
Another comment addressed by a blogger to  another blogger who objected to drugs in the song lyric stated this, “lighten up and just enjoy the music.”
As for me, after this experience of deciphering modern song lyrics, the only song I prefer to listen to in order to lighten up and enjoy hearing is HERE.
Regards and goodwill blogging.
References.
Song Lyrics of Can’t Feel My Face HERE
King Solomon, Why do Fools Fall in Love HERE
King Solomon, What Kind of Fool Am I HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment