Saturday, March 1, 2014

King Solomon and a Wealthy Fool

 

To retire or not to retire? Why should I retire if I enjoy what I am doing? Am I a fool for working if I don’t need the money? How much risk should I incur in my 401K investments when I am 60 years old? To be or not to be? These are questions only you can answer based on your financial circumstances and wisdom and seem to have also existed 3000 years ago. I surmised, based on his proverb, how King Solomon may have answered the Queen of Sheba’s question about this subject. The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of proverbs and ancient wise sayings in relation to our modern times.
Excerpt
“Solomon, is it possible for a person be both wealthy and a fool according to your wisdom? If so give me some examples.”
“A fool will easily be parted from his wealth is one example. Another is a fool that works himself to death. Many fools pursue wealth at the expense of their health and tranquility. They wear themselves out in an effort to get rich. They do not understand that wealth can be fickle and what may be here today may disappear tomorrow into a hopeless distance same as an eagle soars from sight. A discerning person knows when to turn his eye to end the pursuit of wealth.” Do not wear yourself out making wealth, be discerning enough to give it up. (Proverb 23:4)
Source:
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka
Now available as an eBook at all sellers.   View at link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment