Saturday, June 4, 2016

King Solomon, Woman Ruling Over Men (u/d)

2sheba
Do women ever become anxious being the boss over men?

Today, as was 3000 years ago, women leaders may have felt personal anxiety of assuming roles of leadership which included having authority over men. 
In a novel excerpt I surmised how King Solomon, based on his proverbs, may have reacted as a mentor of wisdom and friend when the Queen of Sheba exhibited anxiety about assuming her leadership role as a woman leader in a “man’s world.”  The novel is a contemporary application of a story form to promote understanding of the wisdom of Proverbs and wise sayings.

Excerpt


“Have I somehow offended you?”
Bilqis eyes seemed to glaze, as she remained silent and sullen for a while before she finally replied.
“Solomon, you are a man, wise, and accepted as a leader by your people. You are a gazelle that leaps with ease from one affair to another. I am a tortoise that must consider and weigh each decision I make.”
“I am also a woman and must now deal with mainly men that look down upon women and use words such as ‘days of defilement’ to describe women. What test will my God present me to establish my leadership, and will I pass? I hate moments like this when my apprehension becomes apparent as you now perceive. Tell me Solomon, will my nagging bring men to obey me?”
Her face displayed noticeable anxiety and a defiantly look with frown lines on her brow, and tightened lips.
“No, Bilqis, nagging will not bring men to obey you. However, I do know this about you after only being with you for a short time. You already possess more wisdom than most men will ever acquire in their lifetime. I believe that when you lead your people, they will obey and follow you with respect and admiration. Of even greater significance, they will love you for your compassion, respect you for your wisdom, and admire you for your graciousness.”
“Also Bilqis, keep in mind that our Creator has made both the gazelle and the tortoise, each for a purpose. It is always better to weigh each decision when you are uncertain. Be assured, same as a builder’s skill develops with time and experience, so will you develop the skill to quickly distinguish the wise from fools.”
My reply seemed to surprise at first and the slowly calm Bilquis. Her composure noticeably returned as she silently reflected upon my answer. Good words will help cheer up someone anxious or depressed. To remain silent when a friend is anxious or depressed, and castigates himself or herself, is a flaw on a man with no perception or benevolence.Anxiety in a man’s mind depresses him, but a good word cheers him up. (Proverb 12:25)
Source:  
As A Lily Among Thorns – A Story of King Solomon, the Queen of Sheba, and the Goddess of Wisdom by Rudy U Martinka
Now available as an eBook at most sellers.   View at link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment